Wow! It’s December. Time goes fast when you’re having fun.
The past 12 months have been hectic
- 11/14 : Decided to move back to our home state after 55 years away
- The next 7 months were something I’m glad are over
- The good news is that we got rid of a lot of “stuff”
- 7/11/15: House sold, movers come & gone, pulling out of the driveway
- Three weeks at Seven Spring Resort waiting for the new house
- A nice break
- 7/30/15: Settled on the new house
- Several weeks unpacking (got the car in the garage in under 2 weeks)
- Followed by about two months of “fine-tuning”
- 11/15: Starting to unwind & relax
- 12/1/15: We’re glad we did it. Love the location & really love the house
- At age 78, we’re not doing that again 😉
I all but abandoned photography for the past year.
- A few flirtations with my iPhone trying to master smartphone cameras.
- Useful, but not for “serious” photography
- If you’re a serious photographer you need a serious camera and serious lenses – especially the lenses
- But – yesterday my faithful Christmas cactus got me back to doing what I love with its first blossoms of the season
Nikon D800E, Nikkor 105mm macro lens, circular polarizer, tripod
Natural light with a black felt background
RAW file processed in Lightroom; no adjustments other than color & tonal contrast